You can integrate your ‘Content Upgrades’ WordPress plugin with Zapier, the popular tool for connecting thousands of apps to eachother.
You can use Zapier to directly integrate Content Upgrades with Infusionsoft, Aweber, and many many other tools and services.
Before you get started…
- Install and activate your Content Upgrades WordPress plugin
- Activate your license key, which you received at the time you purchased (Content Upgrades > Settings > License).
- Open a Zapier account if you don’t have one already.
Integrating Content Upgrades + Zapier
Follow these steps to connect your Content Upgrades to a Zapier “Zap”
- In your Zapier account, click “Make a Zap!” (screenshot)
- Give your new Zap a name. (screenshot)
- Create a “Trigger” for this Zap. Search Zapier for “webhook” and select “Webhooks by Zapier” as the trigger (screenshot)
- Select “Catch Hook” (screenshot)
- For “Pick off a Child Key (optional)” leave it blank and click “Continue” (screenshot)
- Copy the Webhook URL that Zapier provides (screenshot)
- In WordPress (in a separate browser tab), go to Content Upgrades > Settings > Integrations > Zapier. Paste the webhook URL in the box. Then click “save”. (screenshot)
- Submit a new test entry in a Content Upgrade form on your site.
- In Zapier, click “OK I Did This” (screenshot)
- You should see a green message that says “Test Successful” (screenshot)
- Click “Continue” (screenshot)
- Proceed to add an “Action” app and configure it’s settings. This can be Infusionsoft, AWeber, Slack, Trello, or any other app on Zapier… There are thousands! You can use the values from the name and email fields from Content Upgrades.
- Once your “Action” app is set up, you can click “Finish” (screenshot)
- Turn your Zap “on” (screenshot)
Now you’re all set! You can go ahead and test the integration by submitting another entry in a Content Upgrade and seeing that entry show up in whichever app you integrated.
Integrating Zapier with specific Content Upgrades
If you want to create a Zapier integration only with a specific Content Upgrade (instead of all Content Upgrades), use the same instructions as above, except do the following differently:
- In Content Upgrades > Settings > Integrations > Zapier > check the box to enable Zapier options on individual Content Upgrades.
- Edit the individual Content Upgrade you want to integrate with Zapier. There, you will now see a “Zapier” tab. Paste your Zapier webhook URL in the field within this tab.
The Zapier Zap associated with that webhook URL will now only fire when this specific Content Upgrade form is submitted.